Users of SBG Services
Please be advised that users of SBG Services exercising any of their privacy rights will not be discriminated against in use of the website or provision of Services.
Personal data for individuals under the age of 16 shall not be used or stored by SBG without consent. Further, SBG does not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. The website and widgets are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. SBG will not accept subscription requests or registrations for any child whom SBG knows to be under the age of 13. SBG does not solicit or knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) from children under the age of 13. If SBG learns that it has received personal information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or who SBG otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, SBG will delete such information from its records. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from SBG’s records by contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
For purposes of this policy, “Personal Data,” means non-public information that can be linked to an identifiable individual, including as examples a home address, a driver’s license or state identification number, financial account numbers, payment information and login credentials. “Anonymous Data” means data that by itself does not permit the identification of an individual person. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- We may collect names, phone numbers, e-mail and mailing addresses, when you interact with SBG including, but not limited to when you email or call us, when you place an order online, when you subscribe to our newsletter or recruiting page, or when you access a marketing offer.
- We may also retain information on your behalf through third party service providers including OpenTable, Toast, DoorDash, Constant Contact, and Shopify, however, all payment processing information on our Services is processed by these service providers pursuant to their policies. SBG does not have access to or store your credit card or banking information as part of these transactions.
- If you contact us via e-mail or phone we will collect your name and contact information, as well as any other content included in the communication, in order to address any questions, comments, or concerns.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other times when you are using our Services, and we notify you that Personal Data is being collected.
You may choose to voluntarily disclose other information when using the Services that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information. You can always refuse to supply personal information, but it may prevent you from engaging in certain Services as a result of related functionality
Information Collected from Third Party Providers
We may receive Personal Data and/or Anonymous Data about SBG customers from companies that provide our Services. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Services.
SBG is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
SBG Third Party Service Providers:
Toast (Point of Sale in our restaurant and online ordering)- https://pos.toasttab.com/privacy
OpenTable (reservations) – https://www.opentable.com/legal/privacy-policy
Constant Contact (newsletter) – https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-notice
Shopify (ecommerce)- https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
If you utilize SBG Services in connection with delivery of SBG orders, please be advised that your telephone number and other personal contact information will be shared with the provider of the delivery service, DoorDash, to allow deliveries to be made by this service provider. Further, in connection with any orders placed for delivery, you consent to receive delivery status updates by e-mail, text messages, and telephone calls from the delivery service and its delivery drivers.
Please review the full DoorDash terms of service at: https://www.doordash.com/terms
Use of Personal Data
We may also create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information.
- We may share your Personal Data with our third party service providers disclosed above that help us provide the Services that we offer you, and such third party service providers are obligated to maintain the security of that information through their own privacy policies and terms of service linked above.
Social Networking Sites.
Third Party Websites
When you provide us with your mobile number, we will periodically send you SMS messages that directly promote the use of our Site or Services, some of which may be sent by automated technology regarding offers by or on behalf of SBG. Message and data rates may apply to these messages and subscription is not required for purchases from SBG. When you receive such communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the SMS communication you receive.
Retention of Personal Data
Requests to Correct or Delete Your Personal Data.
Security of Your Personal Data
All online payment services are offered through third parties Shopify, DoorDash (deliveries) or Toast (online ordering). SBG has limited secure access to payment processing related Personal Data as set forth in this policy, and no access to credit card or bank account information.
We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how this personal data is collected, processed and stored, please refer to the applicable third party processor’s privacy policies, linked below:
SBG uses reasonable safeguards to protect your Personal Data, however, as no method of electronic transmission or storage is completely secure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Sandbox Beach Grill
48 South Main St.
Newtown, CT 06470